Please carefully review this Privacy Statement to understand our policies and practices regarding the collection, use and treatment of your information. By accessing or using our Website, you acknowledge that we will handle your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may change the terms of this Privacy Statement from time to time and without notice to you. You can determine when the Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” notation above. Your continued use of our Website after we make changes confirms your acceptance of the Privacy Statement, as amended. We, therefore, encourage you to review the Privacy Statement whenever you access our Website in order to stay informed about our collection practices. If any of the terms of this Privacy Statement are not acceptable to you, please do not use our Website or otherwise provide us with any personal information.
2. SCOPE OF PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement only applies to information we collect from you automatically, or information you provide to us when using our Website, or through email and other electronic messages or communications between you and the Website or Neurosurgery of St. Louis.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to any other information provided by you to, or collected by any third party, including through any application or contact that may link or be accessible from the Website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third parties prior to providing them your information.
This Privacy Statement will tell you:
- What information we collect from you;
- How we use the information we collect;
- How your information is shared;
- About links to third party websites;
- Your choices about how we use and disclose your information;
- How Neurosurgery of St. Louis secures your information;
- How information of international users is used;
- About changes to the Privacy Statement; and
- Where you can contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Statement.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Personal Information
We collect and store Personal Information that you provide voluntarily when using our Website. “Personal Information” is information that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. Such Personal Information may include your full name, email address, and phone number and any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
Additionally, when you collect or link to our Website via social networking sites (like Facebook or Twitter), we may collect your profile information from your social networking account, depending on the settings you establish with that social networking account. For more information on what information is shared with us, please review the privacy policies of the social networking sites that provide these features and/or review the privacy settings in your social media account.
b. Information Collected by Automatic Means
As with many other websites, we automatically collect certain information about you when you visit and interact with our Website. This information may include your domain name or browser used to visit our Website, details about the emails we send that you open, or forward, Internet Protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamps, sites visited before and after interacting with our Website, page views, page navigation, links that are clicked, and certain device data (such as operating system type, device type or model, location, browser type and version, user language, and other system settings).
In addition, our Website may use “cookies” and other technologies to monitor and evaluate the Website’s traffic, and make improvements to the Website to enhance your experience. Cookies are small bits of data that web servers store on a user’s hard drive based on his or her Internet activity. These technologies help us track and understand how individuals use and interact with our Website. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by us to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit the Website.
We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please check out “Your Choices” below.
c. Third Party Cookies and Analytics Services
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect for various purposes as described in this Privacy Statement, including in the following ways:
- To respond to your emails, questions, comments, feedback or inquiries, and otherwise contact you about your use of our Website;
- To track and analyze trends, usage and activity in connection with the our Website;
5. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We may disclose your information as follows:
- To entities with whom we partner and/or who provide services to us, including companies that provide application analytics, data processing and IT services such as application development, maintenance and other services;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against claims, or when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so in order to comply with the law or legal processes;
- If permitted by applicable law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users of the Website;
- In connection with or in the event of a reorganization, asset sale or transfer, change or control or consolidation, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Neurosurgery of St. Louis, including information concerning your relationship with us to the extent permitted by applicable law; and
- With your consent, we may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
6. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Website may contain links to other third-party websites (“third party sites”), such as “Facebook” or “Twitter,” or other social networks. We do not control the privacy policies or practices of these third-party sites. Therefore, you should review those policies before providing any information. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit personal information. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked third-party sites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience of our users.
7. YOUR CHOICES
a. Cookies and Tracking
You can disable Cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please be aware, however, that if you turn off Cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Website’s features.
b. Device Data
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with Neurosurgery of St. Louis by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures to help prevent loss of, unauthorized access to, or misuse of your Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error free; hence, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement (for example, as a result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate applicable laws or relevant web policies).
9. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about the Website or Privacy Statement, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.